When I was growing up, I did not have a play room. This, combined with a lack of sufficient toy storage (furniture or containers) in my bedroom, meant that my toys cluttered up my bedroom (as well as any other room that I could get away with leaving them in).
So, now that I'm a mom, I want to make it a priority to give my kid(s) enough space to store his(their) things - toys, art supplies, and games. Currently, I am in the process of setting up a kids’ craft space even though my kid is under one year old! (#BePrepared) This space will also double as my own crafting / creating space.
The one thing from my childhood bedroom / home that I wish I had was a small (11"x14"?) poster-sized photograph of a full moon at night. I’ve tried to find something similar on Etsy but have not been successful yet.
Main Goals for my Kids’ and Adults’ Craft Room:
- Plenty of space to create
- Plenty of space to store supplies
- It will be okay to get it messy
- It will be inspiring and colorful
- It will be (relatively) cat-proof
- Have white walls with pops of color
- Display my child's(children's) artwork and create artwork together
- Specialize - instead of storing every craft item imaginable, I will be focusing on paper crafts and cross stitch for me, and coloring and painting for the kiddo(s)
- I will cover a normal trashcan with a print of constellations or some map-like print
- The sheets on the daybed are actually green, not rainbow stripes like in the mood board
- I have a love/hate relationship with the rug in this space