Monday, August 18, 2014

Step 6: Under the Sinks

A while ago, I found a 21-Day Home Organization Challenge, and slowly, I have been doing them. Step 6 (because there was no way I was going to get it all done in only 21 days) was conquering the area under the sink. And, here are my results:


The basic idea is always the following:

  • Remove items that belong someplace else
  • Toss items that can be thrown away (e.g. expired, broken, useless, duplicate, or empty items)
  • Donate items that can be donated (not applicable this time)
  • Consider making use of vertical space (not applicable this time)
  • Group like-items together (preferably by corralling them in some kind of storage container)
  • Do not fear empty space - it's a good thing to have leftover space

I have now done step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4, and step 6 (above). I did step 5 too but I really don't think the Internet needs to see the inside of my purse to prove it ;). Plus, my clean purse results lasted all of like ten hours, whereas I have been successfully making sure the other areas that are part of this challenge don't get recluttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment