Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Quickie Smokey Eye

Using this tutorial, "When There is Smoke...," from Maskcara, I created the eye makeup shown below.



Cara's Steps:

  1. Use a large fluffy brush and a neutral color, and sweep the color all over the eye lid as well as along the lower lashline. Cara recommended using a bronzer as the neutral color instead of ordinary eye shadow.
    • I used my usual Physicians Formula bronzer and I only put it on my eye lid (not below my eye). This didn't impart enough color for me - I either need a darker bronzer or less of a suntan.
  2. Use an eyeliner pencil on the top and bottom lashlines.
    • I used a dark brown Lancome liner.
  3. Using a small eyeshadow brush and a dark-colored eye shadow, go around the top and bottom and smudge the liner.
    • I used a dark brown Lancome shadow.
  4. Using a medium-sized eye shadow brush and a soft (light), preferably shimmery eye shadow, highlight the arch of the eyebrow by sweeping the color directly below the eyebrow.
    • I used a light pink, slightly shimmery Lancome shadow.
  5. Add mascara.
    • I used a black Mary Kay mascara. Then I spritzed the entire look with Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Water to set it (I'd love to try the Urban Decay makeup setting spray, but I got the Smashbox version in my May Birchbox so that's what I had on hand).
Voila.

No comments:

Post a Comment